If you are crafty…and you crafty people know who you are…Salem Oregon has activities to keep you occupied depending on what you want to do.
7. Quilted Forest. When I found out I was pregnant with my son, I “decided” I wanted to make him his baby quilt…well that is until I realized that I can’t sew worth beans. Seriously, the pioneer women that traveled to Oregon would be shaking their heads at my crooked stitches and be muttering about how I would never get married with sewing skills like that…For those of you that can sew quilts, Greenbaum’s Quilted Forest is where you want to be. I just walk into that store and drool over the beautiful quilts that have been made and have added taking a quilting class to my “things to do before I leave this planet list.” The folks over there are really friendly and it’s a great local resource for our local quilters.
I don’t know if you all consider this an art, but I do. For those of you that want to try something different, consider joining this group. They display their work at several shows and even if you have never done calligraphy you are welcome to come to their group. It is meant for beginners through experienced folks. Their art work is varied and beautiful. They have some samples on the website.
5. Scrapbook Fever. I do like to scrapbook and this is one of the places in town I like to go to for things. They tend to have trendier scrapbook items, and you scrapbookers know what I am talking about. They have several classes and often have kids classes as well. It’s a great way to meet fellow scrapbook lovers, especially for those of you that are just relocating to Salem Oregon from other areas.
4. Craft Warehouse. Pretty much if you need something for a craft they have it here. Shadow boxes, frames, candles, beads… The Salem stamp club meets the second Tuesday of the month and the Salem Scrap Club meets the last Monday of the month. The crafts these folks come up with are just beautiful. This is my go to place for a good chunk of my crafting needs.
3. Beads a Bazillion. If you want to make jewelry and aren’t sure how, or just want to go and learn something new, this is the place in Salem Oregon. They have classes, even ones for kids, about everything related to making your own jewelry.
2. Stampin’ Cat Studio Like scrapbooking (is that a verb or can I just make it up?) , stamping is an addiction with some of you. If you are addicted to stamping then this is the place for you. Some of the creations in there are really incredible and if you lack inspiration just head to their website or walk in the store. They have regular classes, even for beginners.
1. Willamette Art Center– Family Clay Sunday was gone for a bit, but has returned due to some grant funding. If you are a pottery making, glass blowing kind of person, this is the group for you. They offer classes and this is a great thing for local artsy folks.
This is not an exhaustive list by any means of what Salem Oregon has to offer on the arts/crafts front, but if I gave you more then my cool title won’t rhyme anymore. You think I jest, but cool titles are everything in blogging. Seriously ;-D
Salemites, if you have a favorite place you like to do arts or crafts add it in the comments so people that are considering relocating to Salem Oregon can see what we have to offer.
You can also read my top list about top things for kids in Salem Oregon.